Join us for an informative luncheon at Bingemans Conference Centre featuring 3 esteemed leaders from prominent condominium management companies in the Grand River region.
A Bad Board is by nature a dysfunctional Board.
Property managers and the related Industry Professionals, Lawyer, P. Eng’s, and Auditors have all seen their share of dysfunctional Boards or at least one member of the Board may have the following qualities.
- Refuses to Self-Educate
- The Island
In this session, we will briefly discuss how to recognize and overcome these obstacles to ensure that the Board fosters positive outcomes – Leadership with Vision, Compassion, and Talent.
Please note this is an in-person event. All in-person attendees will receive a light lunch and refreshments.
Join and become a member of CCI-GRC to save 50% off all events
If you wish to attend, sponsors/attendees must also complete the registration for the luncheon.
Meet Your Speakers
Michelle Weigel B.A., OLCMP, RCM
Michelle Weigel is the Owner and President of Weigel Property Management a Property Management firm located in the Waterloo Region which specializes in Condominiums. Michelle has been working in the Condominium and Rental Management field since 1993 with roots in property sales and development.
Michelle strongly believes and fully supports the importance of CCI and the Education that it provides to Condominium owners.
Ray Simonson – Chief Executive Officer at Glove Systems Inc.
Tech CEO and consultant experienced with large capital project management and construction software, building high performing teams, founding start-ups, Angel and VC fund raising, and selling enterprise B2B software internationally. Bad golfer and bad skier.
- Ivy – Quantum Shift CEO Program
- Queens – Finance for Non-Financial Execs
- U of W – Systems Design Engineer (3 years)
Dr. J. Paul Newell
A distinguished healthcare professional with a substantial career that includes private family practice, academic medicine, and public health administration. His notable achievements and commitment to community health have left an enduring mark on the field.
- Education: B.A. and M.D. from the University of Western Ontario, certificant of the College of Family Physicians of Canada, and an M.Sc. in Statistics and Epidemiology.
- Academic Family Medicine: Notable roles as Associate Professor and Director at institutions like the University of Western Ontario and Southern Illinois University School of Medicine.
- Public Health: District Health Director for Georgia Public Health District 8, Unit 2, with responsibility for multiple county health departments and public health programs.
- Continued public health consulting, specializing in strategic planning and accreditation.
- Championed community healthcare and mental health services for the underinsured.
- Played a leadership role in improving the public mental health system in Georgia.
- Facilitated strategic planning for non-profit health and education organizations.
- Serves as Secretary on the Board of Directors for Perth Standard Condominium Corporation #40 since 2019.
Dr. Newell’s enduring dedication to healthcare and his extensive contributions to public health showcase his lasting impact on the field and the well-being of communities.